The Junior League of Edmonton is part of an international volunteer organization of women who care about our communities and want to make a difference. For more than 85 years, we have been involved in education, advocacy and community action. We develop the potential of women like you with leadership opportunities, training, friendship and support.
The League connects women with volunteer committee positions that allow them to develop their personal potential and community leadership skills, with no specific prior experience necessary. Come and share your skills and learn with us as we look for meaningful ways to impact our communities and to bridge the gap between community needs and existing resources. Take advantage of opportunities to network and learn with our affiliates at the local, national and international levels of our association.
Benefits to becoming a member include:
- Access to:
- Hands-on training
- Webinar Wednesdays — live and on demand!
- AJLI resources & online Training (self paced)
- Guest speakers & workshops
- Develop skills in fundraising, marketing, communications, training, organization and non-profit administration
- Improve the Edmonton and area community
- Participate in challenging and meaningful projects
- Develop friendships
- Choose from a variety of community and in-League placements
- Obtain hands-on experience in community service and leadership
- Attend local, national and international conferences
- Enjoy membership in an international organization
- Enjoy social, networking and mentoring opportunities
Are you an energetic woman interested in volunteering to develop the potential of your female peers and better your community? Are you looking to become part of a group of like-minded women? We would love to hear from you. Contact us for more information!
The first year of membership is called the provisional year. Provisional members complete an orientation program and a community project. In this year, members learn about the Junior League of Edmonton (JLE) organization, the community organizations we service and our fundraising activities. Requirements include:
- Pay $135.00 in dues
- Attend new member meetings as scheduled
- Complete the provisional member project, volunteer for a shift at Homes for the Holidays, participate in the planning/execution of JLE programs and/or fundraisers throughout the year
New Members will be accepted into Active membership at the Annual Banquet the following May.