Have a question that hasn’t been answered below? Contact us.
Can I join the Junior League any time?
Yes! We now accept members year round and do ongoing membership acceptance. New members have the opportunity to dive right into learning about the League.
How much does it cost to be a Junior League of Edmonton member?
Current dues are as follows:
- New Members: $135 (first year)
- Sustaining Members: $70
- Active Members: $110
What responsibilities do you have as a Junior League of Edmonton member?
Active Members of the Junior League of Edmonton must fulfill the following responsibilities:
- Hold a place on the League’s organizational chart, such as Director, Chair or Committee member
- Partake in the annual retreat, along with social and training opportunities
- Volunteer for a minimum of one 3-5 hour shift at Homes for the Holidays, as well as a minimum of one shift during the League’s casino (applicable years only, may be excused for religious reasons)
- Keep up-to-date on League announcements, news and events by reading the monthly Newsbreak distribution, and visiting the members-only Facebook page
What kinds of projects has the Junior League supported?
The focus of the Junior League of Edmonton is children, youth, and families at risk. Examples of past grant recipients include:
- Bissell Centre
- Gateway Association
- Amiskwaciy Academy
- Empower U
- GirlSpace – YWCA
- Food for Thought
- Amity House
- Multicultural Family Resource Centre
What is the Junior League of Edmonton?
The Junior League of Edmonton is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.