The Junior League sees women around the world as catalysts for lasting community change. We are an organization of women committed to promoting volunteerism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers.
For more than 85 years, the Junior League of Edmonton (JLE) has provided women the opportunity to become effective community volunteers. Through our numerous community projects we have left a lasting legacy in our community. Governed by our board of directors, the JLE currently has more than 140 active and sustaining members.
- Strive to listen to and respond to community needs
- Make meaningful contributions through volunteer action
- Recognize, utilize, and develop the skills of our members
- Provide formal and informal training to develop leadership skills
- Provide opportunities to apply our skills in a supportive organizational structure within the League and the community
- Learn from experienced members, sustainers and community contacts
- Create an image that will be well-known and distinct
- Strive to be well-regarded in the community
- Be flexible and responsive to balance membership, organizational and community needs
Our board of directors are unique women from diverse walks of life. Board members typically serve 2 year terms. Each Junior League member has the opportunity to gain valuable experience as a board member if they so choose.
How We’re Funded
The organization exists purely to be educational and charitable. Funds are raised for the community through JLE-endorsed initiatives and special events, while nominal membership dues support our day-to-day operations and our training programs.